Office of Alcohol and Drug Dependency/OADD (Bergen County Department of Health Services)
The Bergen County Department of Health Services Office of Alcohol and Drug Dependency (OADD) is committed to the prevention and treatment of substance abuse. Our staff is comprised of well-trained professionals who maintain a variety of credentials. Volunteers, both lay and professional, young, and seasoned are invited to contact our office to learn more about what we do and ways to be of service in the field of substance abuse.
- The OADD offers information and referral for Assessment, Outpatient Services and Intensive Outpatient Services. We also offer Bergen County residents Detoxification Services, Residential Treatment, Halfway House Services, and Self-Help Groups.
- We provide funding for a continuum of care for people with addictions, as well as their family and friends with a grant from the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS)
- We oversee the provision of treatment through the Addiction Recovery Program (ARP), Spring House Halfway House for Women, and the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC).
- We support professional and community-wide training.
- We provide funding and technical assistance to Municipal Alliances who seek to prevent substance abuse with a grant from the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (GCADA)
Employment / Training
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Crisis / Safety
Last Updated: 08/17/21