About New Jersey's Children's System of Care (CSOC)
The New Jersey Children's System of Care (CSOC) is a division with the New Jersey Department of Children and Families (DCF). The foundational philosophy of all System of Care partners is the Wraparound/Child Family Team. The Wraparound approach is used to provide voluntary services to youth ages 5-21 with mental, emotional, behavioral, developmental, intellectual, and substance abuse challenges and their families at NO COST to families regardless of income and insurance status.
There are four key partners in the Children's System of Care available in each county throughout the State. The link to the Bergen County partners are included below:
- Children's Mobile Response and Stabilization Services (MRSS) - CarePlus NJ is the contracted provider of Children's Mobile Response and Stabilization Services in Bergen County. View a short video about Children's Mobile.
- Care Management Organization (CMO) - Bergen's Promise, Inc is Bergen County's CMO
- Family Support Organization (FSO) - Family Support Organization of Bergen County is Bergen's FSO
- Children's Interagency Coordinating Council (CIACC)
Most fundamental to the Children's System of Care (CSOC) is its emphasis on the family or caregiver as playing a central role in the health and well being of children. CSOC involves families throughout the planning and any service delivery process in order to create a system that values and promotes the advice and recommendations of the family, a system that is friendly to families and one which provides them the tools and support needed to create successful life experiences for their children with emotional, behavioral, developmental, intellectual, and substance abuse needs.
CSOC partners are committed to providing these FREE, voluntary services in a family driven, community-based environment that builds on the family's unique strengths, values, voice, and resources.
- Adolescent and Young Adult Substance Use Treatment Services are also available through the NJ CSOC including withdrawal management, outpatient, intensive outpatient, partial care, short-term residential and long-term residential.
To access services through NJ's Children's System of Care (CSOC) call 1-877-652-7624. This is a single point of entry, 24/7 toll-free access line that connects you to Perform Care, the Contracted System Administrator (CSA) for the Children's System of Care.
The parent/guardian must make the call to PerformCare to ask for assistance. Professionals may help the parent/guardian in making the call. Teachers, Social Workers, Clinicians, Medical Personnel, Pastors, and others involved with the child or family can suggest that the parent contact CSOC. The helping person can also assist the parent/guardian through a conference call. The parent/guardian must be willing to speak to the Care Coordinator and agree to the CSOC assessment process.