PerformCare - Single point of entry/Contracted System Administrator for the NJ Children's System of Care
To access in-home, in-community services at NO COST TO FAMILIES for children and youth up to age 21 living with behavioral, mental health or emotional issues, substance abuse issues and/or developmental or intellectual disabilities, please contact us toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-877-652-7624.
If your situation is Urgent, but not immediately life-threatening, contact PerformCare at 1-877-652-7624 and follow the menu prompts provided for an urgent situation. We will ask you a series of questions to determine how we can help.
Some of the more common reasons to call PerformCare include:
1. Youth who are struggling with depression and anxiety symptoms
2. Youth who are exhibiting physical or verbal aggression.
3. Youth who are struggling with behavioral symptoms involving hyperactivity, or oppositional, defiant behaviors.
4. Getting help for youth who are engaging in bullying or who are being bullied.
5. Getting help for youth who are struggling with grief, loss, or any form of trauma.
6. Helping youth with an underlying intellectual, developmental disability who are in need of clinical service s and supports.
7. Helping youth who are struggling with substance use who are in need of clinical services and supports.
Our knowledgeable team can help connect you to the following services, in your community as appropriate:
- Adolescent Housing Hub
- Care management organizations
- Developmental and Intellectual Disability (I/DD) Eligibility determinations for all youth younger than 18 years of age. The application and all the information needed to apply for DD eligibility is available on the PerformCare website. Once all the forms, clinical paperwork, administrative documents and forms are in order, there is a 60 day time window to complete the DD eligibility determination. A youth must exhibit substantial impairment in at least 3 of 7 functional domains to be determined DD eligible.
- For youth over 18, the Department of Human Services' Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is responsible for making a determination for eligibility. More information on this can be found by calling 1-800-832-9173 or at the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities website.
- Developmental disabilities family support services (for children with developmental disabilities)
- Assistive technology devices
- Home and vehicle modifications
- Group home placements
- In-home supports
- Respite services
- Family functional therapy
- Family support organization (parent-to-parent peer support)
- Substance use treatment services
- Intensive in-community services
- Mobile response and stabilization services
- Multi-systemic therapy
- Out of home services
- Outpatient services
- Psychiatric screening services
Click here for detailed flyers and brochures about PerformCare New Jersey in multiple languages. For videos and resources En Espanol
Click here to watch a video explaining how a Bergen County parent and school team member explain their experiences making/supporting a call to PerformCare
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Crisis / Safety
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 10/24/21