Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark
Catholic Charities as a ministry of the Archdiocese of Newark participates in the Church’s social mission by recognizing the inherent dignity and worth of all people and responding with sincere Christian compassion to the corporeal needs of the poor and marginalized. The service of Catholic Charities is inspired by faith in Jesus Christ, Sacred Scripture, and the continuing exposition of Catholic social teaching. Through these activities, Catholic Charities strives to assist individuals in need, strengthen families, and provide those it serves with an experience of God’s mercy.
In fulfillment of its mission, Catholic Charities will pursue the following social goals:
- Feed the hungry and house the homeless
- Reach the isolated, the lonely, and those with special needs.
- Nurture the development of the young and strengthen relationships with families.
- Assist the poor and the disabled to achieve economic participation.
- Help immigrants attain the benefits of liberty in a new land.
- Provide all those we serve with an experience of the kindness and goodness of human fellowship, of authentic charity, and a glimpse of the God’s mercy.
Basic Needs / Assistance
Family & Support Services
Spiritual / Cultural
Behavioral / Mental Health
Last Updated: 03/07/23