262-HELP Psychiatric Emergency Screening Program - PESP (Care Plus NJ)
PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY SCREENING PROGRAM
262-HELP – a program of CarePlus – is Bergen County’s Designated Psychiatric Emergency Screening Program. The purpose of 262-HELP is to provide emergency mental health services to residents of Bergen County.
Services 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Mental Health Screener's that are trained and certified by the New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services. They provide mental health evaluations, crisis intervention counseling, and support to individuals – either in the community or at our office – and assess for the most clinically appropriate intervention.
- Psychiatrists who provide emergent medication services, including a psychiatric evaluation and short-term medication monitoring until the individual is linked to a long-term service provider.
- Peer Support Staff who offer supportive counseling and psycho-education.
- Services to minors when authorized by the parent or legal guardian.
- There is a fee for all evaluations, however, it is often covered by health insurance. No individual will ever be denied services due to an inability to pay.
Call 201-262-HELP (4357) when you or a loved one are experiencing a mental health crisis.
Basic Needs / Assistance
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Crisis / Safety
Last Updated: 05/10/22