The Road to Community Wellness: Integration in Action - Bergen County Annual Wellness Conference
Friday, October 13, 2017
This event has already occurred!
The 2017 Bergen County Third Annual Wellness conference titled "The Road to Community Wellness: Integration in Action." This free conference is designed to promote educational and comprehensive wellness strategies across disciplines and the age continuum that will enable people to reach optimal health and to create partnerships that operate based on collaboration across disciplines, improving access to resources for Bergen County residents.
- The two-part keynote workshop will be presented by Sherry Blair, MSSW, MA, LCSW, BCPC; CEO/Founder of the Sherry Blair Institute for Inspirational Change. The two-part Workshop has been approved for 5 Professional Development Hours and 5 CHES credits. This course is approved by the Association of Social Work Boards - ASWB NJ CE Course Approval Program Provider #72 Course #1550 from 9/8/2017 to 9/8/2019. Social workers will receive the following type and number of credit(s): General Social Work Practice 3.
This workshop encourages a shift away from working in silos as it relates to the 8 dimensions of Wellness (Swarbrick, 2006) and delineates a roadmap toward understanding and practicing from a systemic approach. Conceptualization of systems theory in connection to the dimensions is introduced with suggestions toward practice and integration. Because all systems need to flourish in order to sustain, positive psychology theory and practice are woven in to enhance the process for change.
Participants will be able to:
1. Recognize that the 8 dimensions of wellness cannot be treated in silos.
2. Explain strategies to create success and positivity toward integration.
3. Discover how positive psychology enhances the process toward integration.
4. Examine the change process at a systemic level--micro, mezzo, macro.
- Panel presentations: Integrating Wellness Into Clinical Practice with seven panelists (see flyer for details)
Please download flyer for detailed agenda, location/parking and related conference information.
Register by Sept. 22 at: https://bergencountywellness2017.eventbrite.com
Last Updated: 10/05/17