Healthy Community Grants Program - 2018 Letter of Intent due September 13, 2017
The New Jersey Healthy Communities Network is seeking Letters of Intent (LOI) for the 2018 Community Grants Program. Deadline is September 13, 2017 by 5 pm ET.
- This initiative will fund up to 60 organizations .
- Grants of up to $20,000 for twenty-four months will be awarded. Note: Year 2 funding is contingent upon compliance in Year 1 and availability of funding.
- The aim of the initiative is to prevent chronic disease and improve health by advancing environment, policy, and system change; and enhancing the built environment to support healthy eating and active living. Supported projects are creating a culture of health by increasing food access and opportunities for physical activity in communities, schools, places of worship, early care and education, neighborhoods, and municipalities.
- Letter of Intent (LOI) is mandatory and due no later than September 13, 2017 by 5 pm ET. Applications from organizations that have not submitted an LOI by September 13, 2017 at 5 pm ET will not be considered.
Please submit LOI via email to: [email protected] with subject line: 2018 NJHCN LOI.
The LOI must be submitted as a PDF with filename: 2018 LOI <ApplicantName> (example: 2018 LOI Trenton Health Department)
The LOI should be addressed to: New Jersey Healthy Communities Network, 2018 Call For Proposals, Attn: Selection Committee
The LOI should include the following:
- Name of Applicant Organization
- Primary Contact Name
- Primary Email
- Primary Phone Number
- Organization Overview (mission, vision and history)
- Project Title (name of project)
- Project Location (where you will do the work - include municipalitie(s) and county)
- Tell us why the project is needed in the intended location. Note: Grantees will be required to choose from a list of strategies, available when the online application launches.
- Statement of Intent to submit an online application by the deadline of October 20, 2017
Online application opens Monday, September 18, 2017. Those who submit an LOI by the deadline will receive a link to the online application form for submission of final applications.
Online application closes Friday, October 20, 2017.