Real Estate Development & Management Division (Greater Bergen Community Action GBCA)
COMMUNITY HOUSING IN PARTNERSHIP (CHIP) provides affordable housing for low and moderate income persons and households by constructing and renovating residences for equitable rental tenancy.
CHIP, founded in 1989, is a 501(c) (3) non-profit corporation, certified by the State of New Jersey as a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO). Working with outstanding architects and engineers, CHIP enabls communities to participate in the creation of designs that are consistent with neighborhood characteristics and the desires of residents.
CHIP designs, builds, and manages affordable housing. CHIP’S role includes:
- Defining the Development Concept in partnership with realtors, bankers, public officials and interested members of the public
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Securing financial commitments
- Procuring development and construction approvals
- Marketing the project
- Constructing/Renovating affordable housing dwelling units and managing the property
For more information, please call 201-968-0200
Affordable rental housing
Options are provided through our housing affiliate, CHIP, in several municipalities in Bergen County.
SAFER HOME IMPROVEMENT
A spin-off of Greater Bergen’s Sandy Aftermath Fund for Economic Recovery is SAFER Home Improvement. This construction company provides Rapid Reconstruction and Disaster Recovery Services, including the following activities:
- Kitchen and Bath Construction
- Finished Basements
- Window Installation
- Home Energy Audits
For more information on Safer Home Improvement, call 201-968-0200
Basic Needs / Assistance
Last Updated: 03/08/23