Center for Great Expectations (CGE)
The Center for Great Expectations (CGE) is a non-profit human service and health care organization providing an uncompromised continuum of trauma-informed, client-centered care for pregnant and/or parenting women and adolescents, individuals, their children and families, in the prevention and treatment of substance use and mental health disorders.
Informed by CGE’s foundational Trauma C.A.R.E.© model and evidence-based approaches, we provide client-centered treatment for the best possible outcomes for both parent and child, including early relational health, to break the cycle of intergenerational trauma, substance use, and homelessness.
CGE is recognized as a leader in the field of treatment with seven programs uniquely positioned to make a continued impact in the lives of so many at the community level.
Our relationally based continuum of care includes:
- Residential Treatment Centers in Somerset County, NJ, for pregnant and parenting women and adolescents. Our residential treatment program for pregnant and parenting adolescents and their children is licensed by the New Jersey Department of Children and Families and is the only 12-bed Residential Treatment Center in New Jersey for adolescents and their children.
- Katy’s Place, an on-site child development center
- Roots to Recovery, a trauma-informed, inclusive outpatient center in Middlesex County
- 28 units of Permanent Supportive Housing in 3 NJ counties
- START, a free one-of-a-kind in-home and telehealth program serving 7 NJ counties, for pregnant or parenting clients and their infants, which includes substance use disorder and mental health treatment, and doula case management.
- The Institute of CGE’s trauma-informed training and consultation methodologies for schools, the workforce, and treatment teams in clinical settings
Clients are referred through the Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P), the Department of Children and Families, the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, the Drug Court System, hospitals, social services agencies, or clergy. All referrals must go through PerformCare.
Basic Needs / Assistance
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Crisis / Safety
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 07/14/23