ACES (Assessments, Counseling and Educational Supports)
ACES is dedicated to providing a full spectrum of services in the areas of mental health and educational support services to all of our clients regardless of race, gender, age, or socioeconomic status so that they may lead more satisfying, balanced, healthy, and happy lives. Our mission is to provide top-quality care and excellent service to children and families in the community.
Our mental health unit offers both in-home and outpatient behavioral mental health services. Our services are child and family-centered utilizing a team approach focusing on strategies for improving and strengthening behaviors. We strive to help our clients identify areas of their lives that they would like to improve and achieve their personal goals.
Our substance abuse unit offers evaluations, urine drug screens, drug education, and counseling. These services provide treatment at the beginning level of substance use. If it's determined that a higher level of care is warranted, ACES will make the appropriate referrals.
- Anger Management
- Play Therapy
- Domestic Violence
- Chronic Illness
- Child Sexual Abuse
Mental Health Support
- In-Home Services
- Outpatient Counseling Services
- Sensory Therapeutic Massage
- Tele/Video Therapy
- Nurtured Heart Approach®
- 6 Core Strategies
ACES provides substance abuse evaluations for adolescents and adults mandated for an evaluation by their school, employer or the criminal justice system. This is a rapid response service in that evaluations are performed within 72 hours of the client’s initial contact with ACES.
Evaluations consist of up to a 2-hour clinical interview, drug test, communication with all necessary third parties (school, employer, attorney, probation/parole officers, etc.), and a letter stating the evaluation findings and treatment recommendations.
The evaluations are conducted by a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) The LCADC is the maximum credential available for any professional providing substance abuse evaluations and treatment.
Conducted by a specialist to determine what technology would improve a student’s performance, participation & independence.
- AT Evaluations (written report with recommendations)
- AT Trainings - for students, staff, and parents after the evaluation to support the student's success with the new technologies.
- AT Consultations More Informal - we charged 1/2 the AT Eval price or hourly - limited written report with "suggestions" (one-two pages) helpful when the district doesn't want any formal paperwork documenting the suggestions.
- Professional Development Workshops:
- Reading & writing support for struggling students
- AT for Dyslexia and Reading Disabilities
- Free Google Assistive Technology Tools
*Can create custom workshops
Last Updated: 09/08/23