Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Community Impact Grant (WellCare of New Jersey)
WellCare of New Jersey’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council is delighted to announce a Request for Proposals (RFP) for an exciting grant offering!
WellCare is fully committed to furthering Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) both within our organization and for the external stakeholders who serve our members. We collaborate with local organizations and providers to drive change and improve health outcomes to enhance delivery of culturally competent care and address racial and demographic disparities among all of our diverse communities.
To that end, WellCare of New Jersey is offering you the opportunity to apply for a grant where you may be able to receive up to $4,000 in unrestricted funds to promote DEI within your organization. What areas within your organization can you identify where Diversity, Equity and Inclusion can be addressed.
What Do You Need To Do?
- Attached to this email is the brief application packet that asks for general organizational information as well as only 9 questions that speak to the grant opportunity.
- Please express your intent to apply by Monday, October 14th 11:59pm to be invited to a REQUIRED Zoom Meeting for prospective applicants.
- In anticipation of questions about the grant and an opportunity to brainstorm and share best practices with fellow stakeholders, you are required to attend a virtual meeting where we will review the grant opportunity as well as get to learn more about each other on October 20th.
- We will accept completed applications until MONDAY, OCTOBER 31st 11:59pm
- Please complete the packet and return to: [email protected] and [email protected].
- We will announce the awardees mid-November
See flyer for more information
Defining Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity refers to an organization that intentionally employs a workforce comprised of individuals with a range of characteristics, such as gender, religion, race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, education and other attributes.
- Equity is the concept of providing fair opportunities for all employees based on their individual needs. Simply put, equity levels the playing field.
- Inclusion is the practice of providing every employee with equal access to opportunities and resources.