Organizing in Defense of Early Racial Learning in Our Schools and Communities (EmbraceRace)
Begins Monday, September 12 -
Tuesday, November 8, 2022
- 9:30 AM
Join EmbraceRace for a community of learning and practice (COLP) series, "Organizing in Defense of Early Racial Learning in Our Schools and Communities." Conversations will focus on what healthy, developmentally appropriate teaching and learning about race looks like in early and middle childhood and how to come together to promote antibias, antiracist education practices. Topics, reflection questions, and materials will be provided, but the goal of the groups will be to share perspectives and learn from each others' experiences.
This COLP cycle will run over 10 weeks, from the week of September 12 to the week of November 7. The series consists of five 1-hour group meetings, every other week. Between meetings, participants will engage in light assignments (e.g., reading a brief article, watching a video clip) as well as individual and interactive reflection with the group.
As part of registration, you will be asked to indicate which group you would like to join. Group options are:
- People of Color Affinity Group, Mondays 8:30pm ET, on 9/12, 9/26, 10/10, 10/24, 11/7
- People of Color Affinity Group, Wednesdays 12pm ET, on 9/14, 9/28, 10/12, 10/26, 11/9
- White Affinity Group, meeting Mondays 8:30pm ET, on 9/12, 9/26, 10/10, 10/24, 11/7
- FOR RETURNING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: Educator Group, Mondays 8:30pm ET, on 9/13, 9/27, 10/11, 10/25, 11/8
- FOR RETURNING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: Parents of Multiracial Children Group, Tuesdays 8:30pm ET, on 9/12, 9/26, 10/10, 10/24, 11/7
Please note that the last two options are multiracial groups for POC and White participants together, and at this time only individuals who have participated in at least one previous EmbraceRace COLP are eligible to join those spaces.
Employment / Training
Family & Support Services
Last Updated: 09/20/22