Beyond Bereavement - Interventions for Grief Therapy (AMFM Healthcare)
Thursday, December 1, 2022
- 2:00 PM
This webinar is designed to assist mental health professionals in identifying methods of intervention and barriers when working with grief. Participants will be asked to share which interventions they typically use for helping clients who are grieving and also discuss the limitations of these interventions. Specific interventions for various types of grief will be shared with participants. Finally, emerging treatments including the use of plant-based medicines will be explored as potential interventions for supporting clients with grief and loss.
- Differentiate presentations of grief and depression.
- Discuss therapeutic approaches to help clients foster compassion for themselves and others.
- Differentiate appropriate uses of imagery in treatment after the loss of a loved one.
- Apply techniques utilizing dialogues with those who are deceased for clients with grief.
- Discuss psychedelic assisted treatment approaches that validate clients’ emotions as they process end of life grief.
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Last Updated: 11/22/22