*Resources for Eating Disorder Treatments & Certified Specialists*
A list of agencies and individuals that hold a certification in treating eating disorders (CEDS - Certified Eating Disorder Specialist).
Check this Resource Page often to stay informed of all the eating disorder resources available to you, just click on a resource to be brought to its BergenResourceNet page, where you can find additional information!
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA): The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders.
- NEDA Treatment Provider Map: NEDA offers support options to individuals and loved ones affected by eating disorders to provide them with support throughout the treatment and recovery process. These programs are not replacements for professional help, and are designed and operated with the aid of NEDA Clinical Advisors to be used as a helping hand while navigating eating disorders recovery.
- The Renfrew Center of Northern New Jersey: The Renfrew Center of Northern New Jersey, located in Paramus, specializes in the treatment of anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and related mental illnesses. Programming consists of a comprehensive range of services, including day treatment, intensive outpatient and group therapy.
- Eating Disorder Program (Goryeb Children's Hospital): The Eating Disorders Program at Goryeb Children’s Hospital is the only multidisciplinary program in New Jersey exclusively for children and adolescents. We offer education and treatment for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and related disorders in our partial hospitalization program and intensive outpatient program.
- Health Emersion: My practice incorporates the science of nutrition and the psychology of eating. I address weight concerns, binge eating, overeating, body image challenges, eating disorders and a variety of nutrition related health concerns such as digestion, immunity, mood and fatigue.
- Hilltop Behavioral Health: Our expert clinical staff in Summit has dedicated their careers to helping you achieve the change you seek. We are specialists in eating disorders, anxiety, trauma, depression, and social difficulties.
- Resilience Therapy Collaborative, LLC: We have a 25 year history of treating Eating Disorders in a Multi-Cultural Framework and have seen individuals, of all ages, make full and complete recovery, and when healed, transfer their energy from trying to change their bodies, to making their mark on the world.
- Marillac Behavioral Health: Marillac Behavioral Health (MBH) offers interactive, personalized and integrative outpatient psychotherapy services for individuals and families. MBH encourages a whole health approach to healing, treatment is collaborative and referrals are available for input from additional healthcare providers and healers across multiple disciplines to address biological, nutritional, somatic, psychological, social, spiritual and religious concerns as indicated.
- Jodi Rubin, ACSW, LCSW, CEDS: Jodi has been in private practice for over 20 years, focusing on the needs of her patients through a multidimensional lens and with an eclectic person-centered approach. In addition, she extends her concentration on eating disorders and fertility well beyond her private practice by sharing her expertise through far reaching and varied networks.
- Leslie Richmand, LCSW, CEDS: I am a licensed clinical social worker and have been working in private practice for more than 30 years. I view therapy as a collaboration, a trusting relationship through which others can develop tools and strategies to help guide them towards resolution and self discovery.
- Janet E. Negrini, MSW, LCSW, CEDS: (201) 321-9678
- Esther Bursztyn, MSW, LCSW, CEDS: I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in private practice in Lakewood, NJ, providing individual and group behavioral health services, specializing in the treatment of eating disorders, trauma, emotional dysregulation, and mood disorders.
- Lynn Corey, MSW, LCSW, CEDS-S, CETP: I can provide individual and family therapy for you, if you find yourself having difficulties in your life, whether you are an adolescent or adult. I have a specialty in eating disorders and trauma. I am trained and certified in EMDR and hypnosis.
- Free & Low Cost Support Options: Everyone deserves support for their eating concerns, and NEDA wants to connect you with resources that can help in addition to professional help. These free and low cost support options offer ways to connect with others and provide tools to promote recovery.
Please note that these options do not replace professional treatment. We are listing them as additional support options to supplement recovery or maintenance.
Questions to Ask Treatment Providers: It is important that people with eating disorders seek professional help. There are many differing approaches to treatment and no one-size-fits-all approach. Since there isn’t a single approach that is considered superior for everyone, it is important to find the option that works for you. Coming prepared with a list of questions to ask a potential provider can help you make that choice.
Employment / Training
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Crisis / Safety
Last Updated: 08/29/23