healingSPACE: The Sexual Violence Resource Center in Bergen County
healingSPACE is the sexual violence resource center for all of Bergen County. We provide a confidential 24/7 hotline to survivors of sexual trauma and their loved ones. Support is available to anyone ages 13 years and up who has experienced sexual violence, whether it happened hours or years ago.
Confidential sexual violence advocates are available via our hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide:
- Short-term crisis intervention counseling.
- Medical and legal accompaniments to hospital emergency rooms, medical appointments, police/law enforcement agencies and legal proceedings within Bergen County.
- Information about all options, including medical attention, reporting, the legal process, and sources of support for survivors, family and friends.
- Referrals and community resources for survivors and family members seeking group counseling, long-term counseling, medical, legal and/or financial information, as well as other community resources.
healingSPACE also offers a number of other services to victims and survivors of sexual violence, including:
- Trauma-informed individual and group therapy.
- Including art therapy
- Job readiness and employment assistance program.
- Comprehensive case management services.
- Community and prevention education workshops.
|Eligibility||Our services are directed and geared specifically for survivors of sexual violence ages 13 years and up. Other eligibility includes living or working in Bergen County, or the abuse took place in Bergen County.|
Basic Needs / Assistance
Employment / Training
Family & Support Services
Legal / Advocacy
Behavioral / Mental Health
Crisis / Safety
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 03/23/22