NJAC Summit on the Opioid Crisis and Resources for Recovery
Friday, December 8, 2017
- 1:30 PM
This event has already occurred!
Drug overdose is the leading cause of accidental deaths in New Jersey. While New Jersey does not have the worst rate of opioid overdoses in the nation, New Jersey is at the forefront of combating the epidemic. The New Jersey Association of Counties (NJAC) is hosting an educational and informative Summit.
Law enforcement authorities, public school officials, and parent advocates will examine the State’s alarming opioid epidemic and present viable strategies for combating this public health crisis. Additionally, addiction and recovery professionals, mental health providers, and other subject matter experts will discuss resources for recovery and recommend new approaches for providing vital support to those in need.
Networking opportunities are available for both businesses and local government officials.
For the first time, and given the magnitude of the problem, NJAC has waived the registration fee for county government officials and employees. Registration is required due to limited available space. Included with your registration is a continental breakfast, luncheon, and interaction with the panelists and keynote speaker.
- NJAC Board of Directors Meeting 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Registration & Continental Breakfast 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Opening Remarks 10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- The Opioid Crisis 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Eric Scott with Townsquare Media & NJ 101.5 to moderate both panels!
- Coffee Break 11:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Resources for Recovery 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Keynote Speaker and Luncheon 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Last Updated: 12/01/17