FREE Training Opportunity -- Creating Healthy, INCLUSIVE Communities
Friday, October 13, 2017
- 3:30 PM
Inclusive communities provide individuals with disabilities equal access to, and opportunities for healthy living. This can be achieved by implementing policy, systems, and environmental changes that increase access to physical activity, healthful food and healthy weight management initiatives.
- Learn about Inclusive Health
- Talk directly with state and national experts who will explain how to take advantage of resources and funding
- Walk & roll away with tools and inspiration to get started quickly
Audience: Community teams of 2-3 members working to make their communities vibrant, healthy and inclusive
RSVP: Reserve FREE spots for your community team today, email [email protected]
- NJ Department of Health/Community Health and Wellness
- NJ Department of Human Services/Division of Disability Services
- America Walks
Click here to also see information regarding the 2018 Healthy Community Grants Program.The aim of the initiative is to prevent chronic disease and improve health by advancing environment, policy, and system change; and enhancing the built environment to support healthy eating and active living. Supported projects are creating a culture of health by increasing food access and opportunities for physical activity in communities, schools, places of worship, early care and education, neighborhoods, and municipalities.
Last Updated: 07/28/17