FUNDING OPPORTUNITY - American Heart Association - Time Sensitive
We are pleased to announce the American Heart Association’s, Founders Affiliate Northeast Health Equity Consortium Summit Innovation Challenge! Unlike similar competitions, the Health Equity Innovation Challenge is designed to model opportunities for collaboration, building on the strengths of our communities, direct resources to support initiatives, and to address both the root causes as well as the outcomes of cardiovascular and stroke health. Please share and encourage your networks to apply. Below we have the Application Criteria and Explanation of Benefits:
Must have an initiative/program/project/campaign/product that is demonstrated to effectively impact social determinants of health (where people live, work, learn, play and pray) by addressing health inequities and disparities in vulnerable communities. This includes the factors that contribute to healthy communities: economic, food access, health care, education, built environment and social supports/cohesion.
- Uses data and/or research to validate the need and impact of the initiative
- The showcase is open to individuals, public agencies, private companies and community-based organization
- Available to showcase and present live before at the AHA NHEC Regional Summit in Hartford, CT on June 28
Benefits of Participating
Our goal is to both celebrate the leaders and strengths in communities AND to help those leaders and projects to grow in scale, efficiency and impact. Towards that end, we will select 3 project to receive:
- $8000 cash award
- Mentorship Meeting with AHA NHEC representatives and/or leaders from your geographic area, demographic or health focus, or initiative type
- Networking with over 200 scientists and healthcare professionals
We will also provide $1000 cash awards to 6 promising projects and be invited to attend the conference and be recognized.
Application Link: http://americanheart.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4YGpBpcGlehPnCt
Application due date is June 6, 2018. This is a quick turnaround and will need your help sharing this information. If you have any questions please email Eddie Gonzalez- Novoa at [email protected] and [email protected]