Nurtured Heart Approach® Trainings!
Tuesday, June 4 -
Thursday, June 13, 2019
- 11:30 AM
This event has already occurred!
Nurtured Heart Approach® Trainings in June!
Target Audience: Parents and Caregivers! Household members are strongly encouraged to attend this 4 session training together??
6 hour training (4 sessions): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30-11:30am, Dates: 6/4, 6/6, 6/11, 6/13
3 hour training: 9:00-12:00am, Date: Saturday, 6/8
The Nurtured Heart Approach® is strength based social/emotional strategy that:
- Transforms negative behaviors into positive behaviors
- Builds personal Inner Wealth™
- Promotes positive relationships and renewed sense of self and community!
Training Objectives: You will be able to:
- Describe the conceptual framework of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Discuss the three Stands of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Demonstrate ways to recognize and energize positive behaviors, within a cultural context.
- Discuss how to effectively set and enforce clear limits when working with children/youth.
*For 6 hour training, it is a requirement for you to attend all 4 sessions for successful completion
and to receive certificate. This training does not provide CEU’s.
Presenter: Lauren Salvodon, Certified NHA Trainer, is a Community Outreach Specialist at the Family Support Organization of Bergen County (FSOBC). She has also served as a Family Support Partner for the FSO, providing support to parents and caregivers of children with emotional, behavioral, developmental, intellectual and/or substance use disorders. Lauren, whose son was severely bullied, is dedicated to supporting families and advocating for anti-bullying policies in schools. She is also a certified Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor for the Bergen County Division of Mental Health Services, a Crisis Intervention Team Facilitator and a member of the Stigma Free Initiative.
Family Support Organization of Bergen County
0-108 29th Street
Fair Lawn NJ 07410
*Limited Space Available*
To register for a training, please call/email your name, telephone, email address and ages of your child(ren).
Your desire and commitment in attending all 4 sessions is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
To Register, contact: Lauren Salvodon, 201-796-6209 x102 or [email protected]
Last Updated: 05/15/19