Mental Health First Aid Training
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- 4:30 PM
This event has already occurred!
Bergen County Department of Health Services is proud to present Mental Health First Aid Training
Bergen County is providing a unique opportunity for you to participate in Mental Health First Aid training at NO COST.
Learn how YOU can make a difference for someone!
What is Mental Health First Aid?
- 8 hour evidence-based interactive public education program
- Teaches participants the signs of mental illness and substance abuse
- Introduces a five-step action plan to initiate referral to mental health resources or support an individual who is experiencing a mental health crisis
To RSVP please email Nohely Salvador at [email protected]
Why is Mental Health First Aid Important?
- Just like CPR, it is a vital skill that improves the well-being of our community
- Helps to eliminate stigma associated with mental illness and substance abuse
- Promotes recovery and resiliency
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Last Updated: 04/26/19