Mental Health First Aid Training (January)
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- 4:30 PM
Bergen County Department of Health Services is proud to present Mental Health First Aid Training
Start 2020 with this unique opportunity for you to participate in Youth Mental Health First Aid training at NO COST.
This is for ADULTS who regularly interact with adolescents (teachers, school staff, coaches, youth group leaders, parents, etc.)
This vital course can help YOU make a difference for a young person!
What is Mental Health First Aid?
- 8 hour evidence-based interactive public education program
- Teaches participants the signs of mental illness and substance abuse
- Introduces a five-step action plan to initiate referral to mental health resources or support an individual who is experiencing a mental health crisis
One Bergen County Plaza—4th Floor Learning center
Wednesday, January 29th, 2020
8:30am – 4:30pm
To RSVP please email Haley Contino, [email protected] or call 201-634-2708
Why is Mental Health First Aid Important?
- Just like CPR, it is a vital skill that improves the well-being of our community
- Helps to eliminate stigma associated with mental illness and substance abuse
- Promotes recovery and resiliency
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Last Updated: 01/09/20