Introduction of Nurtured Heart Approach® Evening!
Friday, September 20, 2019
- 1:00 PM
The Nurtured Heart Approach® is strength based social/emotional strategy that:
Transforms negative behaviors into positive behaviors
- Builds personal Inner Wealth™
- Promotes positive relationships and renewed sense of self and community!
Training Objectives: You will be able to:
- Describe the conceptual framework of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Discuss the three Stands of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Demonstrate ways to recognize and energize positive behaviors, within a cultural context.
- Discuss how to effectively set and enforce clear limits when raising children/youth.
Presenter: Lauren Salvodon, Certified NHA Trainer, is a Community Outreach Specialist at the Family Support Organization of Bergen County (FSOBC). She has also served as a Family Support Partner for the FSO, providing support to parents and caregivers of children with emotional, behavioral, developmental, intellectual and/or substance use disorders. Lauren, whose son was severely bullied, is dedicated to supporting families and advocating for anti-bullying policies in schools. She is also a certified Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor for the Bergen County Division of Mental Health Services, a Crisis Intervention Team Facilitator and a member of the Stigma Free Initiative.
Training Location: Family Support Organization of Bergen County
0-108 29th Street
Fair Lawn NJ 07410
To register, contact: Lauren Salvodon, 201-796-6209 x102 or [email protected]
Please include your name, telephone, email address and ages of your child (ren). Thank You!
Last Updated: 09/12/19