Bergen County Transition Fair
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- 9:00 PM
This event has already occurred!
Admission to the Fair is FREE and open to the public (parents and students)! No registration is required.
Information on a wide variety of post secondary options will be available to help students with all levels of disabilities prepare for their transition to adult life. At this fair, there will be well over 70 vendors with representatives from:
- NJ State and County Agencies including DDD (Division of Developmental Disabilities), DVRS (Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services), Bergen County Office of Disability Services, Bergen County Workforce Center, Heightened Independence and Progress, NJ Transit/Access Link, etc.
- Colleges, Trade and Technical schools
- Supported Employment Agencies/Vocational Training Programs
- Agencies to address topics such as guardianship, wills, trusts, housing, recreation & leisure, mental health supports, adult day programs, and more............
- Workshops will be offered 6:15-7:15pm & 7:30-8:30pm
2)DDD and Support Coordination
3)Transition to College and Post Secondary Education
4) Guardianship and Estate Planning
- - Register for these workshops on the night of the Transition Fair.
The more you know, the better you and your child can prepare for the future.
All Bergen County families and students are invited to attend, no registration is required. If you have any questions or need assistance with any accommodations, please contact your District Transition Counselor or Case Manager or Region V at 201-599-0585 x11.
Directions: for GPS use: 99 East Century Road. Paramus
This fair is being co-hosted by the Bergen County Regions, the South Bergen Jointure Commission and the Paramus High School District.
The logo was created by a River Dell HS student.
Basic Needs / Assistance
Employment / Training
Last Updated: 02/28/18