2019 Nurtured Heart Approach® Training
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
- 9:00 PM
The Nurtured Heart Approach® is a strength based, social/emotional strategy that:
- Transforms negative behaviors into positive behaviors
- Builds personal Inner Wealth™
- Promotes positive relationships and renewed sense of self and community!
Target Audience: Parents, Caregivers, and All others who support Children, Youth and Families!
(Household members are strongly encouraged to attend this training together??)
Training Objectives: You will be able to:
- Describe the conceptual framework of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Discuss the three Stands of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Demonstrate ways to recognize and energize positive behaviors, within a cultural context.
- Discuss how to effectively set and enforce clear limits when working with children/youth.
*It is a requirement you attend all 4 sessions in order to receive certification.
March: Tuesday evenings 7:00-9:00pm Dates: 3/5, 3/12, 3/19, 3/26
*Adult supervision for youth 5 years and older is available at no cost while evening training is in session. Please confirm at time of registration.
April: Wednesday mornings, 9:30-11:30am Dates: 4/3, 4/10, 4/17, 4/24
Presenter: Lauren Salvodon, Certified NHA Trainer, is a Community Outreach Specialist at the Family Support Organization of Bergen County (FSOBC). She has also served as a Family Support Partner for the FSO, providing support to parents and caregivers of children with emotional, behavioral, developmental, intellectual and/or substance use disorders. Lauren, whose son was severely bullied, is dedicated to supporting families and advocating for anti-bullying policies in schools. She is also a certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor for the Bergen County Division of Mental Health Services, a Crisis Intervention Team Facilitator and a member of the Stigma Free Initiative
*Limited Space Available*
To enroll in a training, please call/email at least 7-14 days in advance of desired training date.
Your name, telephone and email address will be needed. Thank you!
To Register, contact: Lauren Salvodon, 201-796-6209 x102 or [email protected]
Family & Support Services
Last Updated: 01/11/19